Thursday, August 5, 2010

Stomp the Yard 2 review

STTY2

Score out of 10: 4

It really should score lower than a 4, but it has a surprisingly good soundtrack. They also managed to scoop up a "cameo" from returning "star" Columbus Short (star of such movies as Stomp the Yard [one], Accepted, Armored). The dancing is better than the first one, because its much less based on step and more focus on breakdancing and battling. However, it suffers from much of the same things as the first film. There was a sense of overacting and as well as an extremely weak plot. There are many cringe-worthy moments. Additionally, the main character development was almost the exact same of that of the first one. Embattled youth runs from mistakes, mistakes catches up to youth, youth finds self and overcomes mistakes through dance.

Irony score out of 10: 8

It uses every single cliche possible. I cannot undersell this. I thought I had seen some very cliche movies in my time, but this comes close to having the most cliches of all. I honestly could not tell whether they were doing it on purpose as a laugh or were just oblivious. I suppose they could have been doing on accident, but regardless, the cliches were hilarious. They also made phenomenal use of Columbus Short in his short appearance in the movie. He gave one of the greatest inspirational speeches in a movie that I have seen since Beerfest.

Overall Rating: 5/10 will probably not ever watch again. Photobucket

P.S. Sorry for being serious.

P.P.S. If anyone wants more bad reviews of bad movies, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment