Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Friends

We live in a world that is disconnected via electronics or whatever the cliche is. But that's not true because friendship, at least for me is one of the most important things in the world. Electronics allows me to communicate with my uncle who lives in Finland, my cousin who lives on the other side of the state, or a best friend who lives 20 minutes away. And friends are definitely important. They are one of the most important things in my life. It's amazing how letting a friend down can ruin a person's day.

Another thing that I've noticed is that 90% of my "friends" are merely friends of convenience. If I am around and they don't have to go out of their way, then, hell yeah, lets hang out. Maybe its a matter of "out of sight, out of mind". When I was working, I was getting a bunch of invitations to various things. However, since I've been out of work, my phone is oddly silent. The only other time that someone will call me is if they need something from me. With the exception of approximately 4 people, this is what happens. Its not that I blame them, it just hurts to realize that I have 4 friends outside of my family. Absence shows who my true friends are.

At the time of this writing , I'm feeling like complete shit so take that.

1 comment:

  1. We should hang out some time i havn't seen you in ages. give me a buzz 3609271896
    Frank

    ReplyDelete