Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Death

“Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live.” Norman Cousin


Death is a fascinating topic for a lot of different reasons. The question that most people have to answer for themselves is what people believe in. If you believe in a god, do you become more or less afraid of death? If you don't believe in heaven, but reincarnation is their belief, do they just hope they do well enough to become something better than before.

As my grandma is dying, it is something on my mind. (Its been on my mind since early February, but that's a different story.) According to the quote above, when she lost her mind she was dead. It's been a long decline since she was diagnosed with Alzheimer's. Because of that, I think that people have been dealing with their grief with regards to my grandmother. I know that for her children, it is somewhat of a relief. And I'm honestly not sure how sad I'll be when she finally goes. If it was sudden, it would a completely different situation.

I was going to apply this to myself, but that would've brought this blog to an all-time low, and leave readers depressed. So, instead, I'll just leave myself out of this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment